This recipe is taken from the Picnics & Lunchboxes edition of the Best food Fast Series.
I really enjoyed these – so easy to make and can be eaten hot or cold so very versatile. If you have kids… or you are a big kid, you can even put them on cocktail sticks to make them more fun!!
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- 400g (14oz) Turkey mince
- 2 Carrots, peeled and grated
- 2 Small eggs, beaten
- Salt & Pepper for seasoning
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 25g (1oz) Plain Flour
- 50g (2oz) Sunflower seeds
- Preheat the oven to 190°c/375°f/Gas 5.
- In a large bowl, mix together the turkey mince, carrots, eggs, seasoning, parsley and flour until well combined.
- Roll tablespoons of the mixture into balls using the palms of your hands. Roll the balls in the sunflower seeds to coat.
- Place the balls on a lined baking tray. Bake for 20-25 minutes until browned and cooked through.
These are great with salad, in tomato sauce with vegetables or good on their own as a snack. You can try them with beef or pork as well.